Playing a computer game for the first time is always fraught with peril. You haven't figured out the shortcuts, or found the secret stash of energy you need to get through to the next level.
Some days I feel like the final battle at the end of level 2 is impossible to get through. I haven't found the specific weapon I need yet, so I'm having to make do with tools that add up to the same hit points, but aren't as effective as the ideal gun/sword/spell. My O.S. continues to have the glitch that means I don't get the extra first aid pack I need, so every attempt to beat the Big Bad, it weakens me to the point where I eventually get wiped out and have to start again. No-one has a patch for it yet either.
I deliberately used 'wiped out' there, instead of killed, because I'm not dead yet! Unless I choose to give up, I have unlimited attempts to move forward. I AM going to keep trying. I AM going to keep looking for the ideal tool. I AM going to find that gorram first aid pack. And I'm doing it knowing that once I get this battle done, there'll be another Big Bad to prepare for.
Before my next go, I have to recover my energy stats. I'm at about 12/100.
I chose to do a side quest this month (family reunion), which meant I got wiped out pretty quickly the first time I faced a Big Bad after I got back (an actual JOB interview!). The side quest was well worth it though. I've got more members in my team, which adds defense hit points, and I found several new tools for my stash which gives me a few more attack points, for when I face the Big Bad next time.
So I've put my slippers on, and made a cup of tea (+1 energy). It's slow, but it's movement in the right direction.
The mountain is still there to be climbed. I'm in the foothills now, and there's a long way to go, but my 'Restart' point isn't rock bottom anymore.
Try again?
Some days I feel like the final battle at the end of level 2 is impossible to get through. I haven't found the specific weapon I need yet, so I'm having to make do with tools that add up to the same hit points, but aren't as effective as the ideal gun/sword/spell. My O.S. continues to have the glitch that means I don't get the extra first aid pack I need, so every attempt to beat the Big Bad, it weakens me to the point where I eventually get wiped out and have to start again. No-one has a patch for it yet either.
I deliberately used 'wiped out' there, instead of killed, because I'm not dead yet! Unless I choose to give up, I have unlimited attempts to move forward. I AM going to keep trying. I AM going to keep looking for the ideal tool. I AM going to find that gorram first aid pack. And I'm doing it knowing that once I get this battle done, there'll be another Big Bad to prepare for.
Before my next go, I have to recover my energy stats. I'm at about 12/100.
I chose to do a side quest this month (family reunion), which meant I got wiped out pretty quickly the first time I faced a Big Bad after I got back (an actual JOB interview!). The side quest was well worth it though. I've got more members in my team, which adds defense hit points, and I found several new tools for my stash which gives me a few more attack points, for when I face the Big Bad next time.
So I've put my slippers on, and made a cup of tea (+1 energy). It's slow, but it's movement in the right direction.
The mountain is still there to be climbed. I'm in the foothills now, and there's a long way to go, but my 'Restart' point isn't rock bottom anymore.
Try again?
D


Comments
Post a Comment