Now I'm freaking out. If I end up with a new job, I'll have new people to get to know. New tasks I have to learn. New routines to establish.
I can do these things. I know I can. I have the support of my family and friends. The fact it's all happened so quickly, is it's own reassurance I have the skills to do the job.
Depression is such a vicious voice in my head. All afternoon it's been doing its best to convince me I will fail, but I'm learning to fight it. I'm putting my trust in the people around me. All of them tell me I can do this. Every time I think 'I can't do this' I remind myself that my sister thinks I can. When I think 'I'm going to be rubbish at this' I hear my friends telling me I have talent. Thinking 'This is going to be a disaster' is followed by the recent memory of helping someone understand a complicated calculus equation.
I can do this. I can climb the Icefall, and make it to Advanced Base Camp.
Derri

Comments
Post a Comment