In the rather fabulous word of Blackadder: "Wibble". Choosing to be mad. Because reality is scary.

This was a really good week. I slept almost normally. I smiled and laughed. I rearranged furniture. Showered. Deliberately left the house - on my own - for no other reason than I wanted to. Yup. A good week.
For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. The scary part; is that getting somewhere, means dealing with things outside of my bubble.
This week has also seen a broadening of awareness. I've begun to think about further away than tomorrow, or this weekend. Am I ready to think about leaving the secure bosom of family? Can I trust myself to be out there alone again?
The 'what if's' are looming. They're scary. Because I know how quickly and easily a bad few days can turn into a cavernous depth I can't get out of alone.
All of which means, that this week; I'm choosing to say "Wibble". I'm aware that reality is frightening, and I'm not quite ready to face it. In times gone by, I would make a decision and move toward it immediately.
Today, I'm aware that I need to check that I'm as ok as I think I am. I have to consider all the 'what ifs', and make sure that when the Depression surfaces, I can make smart choices. But, I've been here before. I've had a few good periods in the last year, and they felt like genuine progress too; only to fall back into the pit of despair, and have to start again. I'm scared to hope, yet I know this really COULD be the time I manage to keep moving forward.... . leaving me stuck in the 'don't get your hopes up / don't assume you'll fail' loop of paradox.
Fingers crossed.
Derri.

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. The scary part; is that getting somewhere, means dealing with things outside of my bubble.
This week has also seen a broadening of awareness. I've begun to think about further away than tomorrow, or this weekend. Am I ready to think about leaving the secure bosom of family? Can I trust myself to be out there alone again?
The 'what if's' are looming. They're scary. Because I know how quickly and easily a bad few days can turn into a cavernous depth I can't get out of alone.
All of which means, that this week; I'm choosing to say "Wibble". I'm aware that reality is frightening, and I'm not quite ready to face it. In times gone by, I would make a decision and move toward it immediately.
Today, I'm aware that I need to check that I'm as ok as I think I am. I have to consider all the 'what ifs', and make sure that when the Depression surfaces, I can make smart choices. But, I've been here before. I've had a few good periods in the last year, and they felt like genuine progress too; only to fall back into the pit of despair, and have to start again. I'm scared to hope, yet I know this really COULD be the time I manage to keep moving forward.... . leaving me stuck in the 'don't get your hopes up / don't assume you'll fail' loop of paradox.
Fingers crossed.
Derri.


Comments
Post a Comment