Monday. My day of self-assessment.
This week, all I can report is that I'm standing. I can report that I haven't been suicidal, and I can report I've had enough sleep.
I get asked "How are you doing?" by people who care. At times like these, all I can reply is that "I'm getting there.". Where exactly? I don't know. I'm just; getting there. I'm putting one metaphorical foot in front of another, and trying not to fall backward.
Ever walked on a treadmill? It's a bit like that. The Depression is the machine, determined that I fail and fall into the mire behind me - but this week; I've been able to keep up. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere close to the controls, but I haven't fallen backward either.
The whole situation is bloody frustrating. I work damned hard, to 'get' nowhere. So much sodding energy, just to not fall back. And this is a good week. Bad weeks, I can feel the gaping maw of nothing, drawing me in. It pulls at me, whispering that it would all be so much easier if I stopped fighting.
Bad weeks, I struggle to interact with anyone. Bad weeks, I have to battle to eat real (that contains actual ingredients, not just sugar) food. So when I get a good week, and yet achieve nothing - it's infuriating.
I KNOW I can do this. I KNOW I have the support. I KNOW people care about me. I KNOW this isn't forever. Belief; is harder to come by. Even in the good weeks.
Am I getting closer to healing? I think so. Am I getting closer to self-sufficiency? Hmmm, not yet. Am I any closer to happiness? I don't know. Am I any closer to understanding? Depends on, to what.
But I'm getting there.
Derri.
This week, all I can report is that I'm standing. I can report that I haven't been suicidal, and I can report I've had enough sleep.
I get asked "How are you doing?" by people who care. At times like these, all I can reply is that "I'm getting there.". Where exactly? I don't know. I'm just; getting there. I'm putting one metaphorical foot in front of another, and trying not to fall backward.
Ever walked on a treadmill? It's a bit like that. The Depression is the machine, determined that I fail and fall into the mire behind me - but this week; I've been able to keep up. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere close to the controls, but I haven't fallen backward either.
The whole situation is bloody frustrating. I work damned hard, to 'get' nowhere. So much sodding energy, just to not fall back. And this is a good week. Bad weeks, I can feel the gaping maw of nothing, drawing me in. It pulls at me, whispering that it would all be so much easier if I stopped fighting.
Bad weeks, I struggle to interact with anyone. Bad weeks, I have to battle to eat real (that contains actual ingredients, not just sugar) food. So when I get a good week, and yet achieve nothing - it's infuriating.
I KNOW I can do this. I KNOW I have the support. I KNOW people care about me. I KNOW this isn't forever. Belief; is harder to come by. Even in the good weeks.
Am I getting closer to healing? I think so. Am I getting closer to self-sufficiency? Hmmm, not yet. Am I any closer to happiness? I don't know. Am I any closer to understanding? Depends on, to what.
But I'm getting there.
Derri.



Comments
Post a Comment