Not feeling it this week. The positive 'self-talk', the silver linings, or the conscious realignment. It's fucking hard work, constantly correcting the way I think. Every single fucking thing I do, takes a ridiculous amount of effort.
I don't feel like telling myself well done for doing my laundry (so what?! everyone does laundry!), the fact it's been building up for weeks, and I ran out of clean t-shirts 4 days ago, doesn't change the fact that it's only bloody laundry. Thanks to the industrial revolution, I don't have to do anything but take my things to a machine, and push some buttons. Whoop-di-bloody-doo. I don't want to celebrate doing it.
I haven't vacuumed since I moved in. In October. The shared hoover is downstairs, and this space is about 8 x 3 paces square. It should take me all of a few minutes. When I finally get around to it, I don't deserve praise.
I haven't done my dishes in a while either. They're in the crate to take to the kitchen, which is a few meters away.
I feel lazy. I feel useless. I feel ashamed. I feel a disgrace. I feel a failure. I feel guilty. Telling myself the opposite - feels like a lie.
I know, I know, I should give myself kudos for achieving things. That positive reinforcement is essential.
Days like today, when my existence is a waste of oxygen, I say to death:
Derri.
I don't feel like telling myself well done for doing my laundry (so what?! everyone does laundry!), the fact it's been building up for weeks, and I ran out of clean t-shirts 4 days ago, doesn't change the fact that it's only bloody laundry. Thanks to the industrial revolution, I don't have to do anything but take my things to a machine, and push some buttons. Whoop-di-bloody-doo. I don't want to celebrate doing it.
I haven't vacuumed since I moved in. In October. The shared hoover is downstairs, and this space is about 8 x 3 paces square. It should take me all of a few minutes. When I finally get around to it, I don't deserve praise.
I haven't done my dishes in a while either. They're in the crate to take to the kitchen, which is a few meters away.
I feel lazy. I feel useless. I feel ashamed. I feel a disgrace. I feel a failure. I feel guilty. Telling myself the opposite - feels like a lie.
Days like today, when my existence is a waste of oxygen, I say to death:
Derri.



Comments
Post a Comment